Easy Electrical Jobs Troubleshoots & Repairs Electrical Problems with Main Breakers for Your Home or Business.
Main breakers trip for a variety of reasons, including the following and more:
- Overloaded Electrical System
- Electrical Problem with Something Connected to the Electrical System
- Loose Wires on the Main Breaker
- Loose Connection with Main Breaker
- Fatigued Main Breaker
You can reduce problems with your breakers by having an electrician:
- Check the Amperage for Possible Overloads
- Check for Excessive Heat
- Look for Discoloration on Connections
- Re-Torque All Wire Connections
It is important to mention that when a main breaker is replaced, it should be replaced with a breaker that is listed as compatible with your electrical circuit breaker box. Oftentimes, we come across main breakers that have been changed out with a main breaker that is not compatible. Many of these breakers, even though they seem to work, may not trip when overloaded because they are not compatible.